Saturday, July 21, 2012

Girl Talk: A Girl's Must Have App



Hey girls! Today's post is a little about something that every girl will go through at some point in her life, periods. I won't be going into much detail on that time of month when cravings, moodiness, and well... period stuff, rear their ugly heads today (more posts on that will be coming in the very near future). But I would like to mention a great way to keep track of that time of month and prepare for it, period predictor apps. 

Recently I was curious about an app that could better help me prepare for that time of month, and give me an alert when that time is coming around. And somewhat without surprise, there are many period predictor apps available in the app store! (Paid and free, I went for free, LOL!) After trying a few, I found the one that I liked best, and worked best for me, Period Plus. This app allows you to keep track of several factors: breakouts cramps, weight, flow, and more. You can even create a custom factor if you wish. You can set this app to notify you of your period starting up to 5 days before your period is estimated to start. And as you enter more periods and cycles (the amount of days from the start of your period, to the start of the next) the prediction will get more accurate, and make changes based on what you enter. You can even password protect this app if you don't wish for others to view your content. 

There is a paid version of this app ($2.99 american dollars), but the free version works just fine. Also feel free to check out other apps available on the app store. This app will run on iPhone, iPod touch, and I believe iPad as well. Feel free to check out other apps if this one doesn't work for you, the app can be easily deleted from your device if you don't like it. You may also be able to find many similar apps on the android market if you don't have an iPhone. But even if you don't have any of these devices, you can still keep track of your period. Simply mark your calender when your period starts (it doesn't have to be anything fancy, a dot, heart, or any shape you like will do. plus not many people would know what it's for other then you) and mark it each time your period starts. The days from one mark to the next is the length of your cycle, so you can use this to estimate when your period may start. 

The average cycle is 28 days, but EVERYONE is different. You may be a little longer, or shorter then other girls. Your cycle may also sometimes be longer of shorter then usual, you may even miss a cycle (this is very common when you just start having your period). This is completely normal, and you shouldn't worry about it to much. However, you shouldn't miss more then 3 periods in a row. And if you have any concerns, don't be afraid to see a doctor. And never be afraid to ask your mother, older sister or friend, or another woman you trust questions.

Do you use a similar app? How do you keep track of your period? Feel free to ask any questions, as well as answer any questions other girls may leave on this post. I'll try to answer questions the best I can. I'll also be doing many more posts on this topic. I am not a doctor, nor am I trying to be. What I know comes from personal experience and research. 

***FTC Disclaimer: This was a free app in the iTunes app store, and is free to everyone. I am not being paid to write this post. All opinions are my own.***

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips!

    Follow me?

    operationearth.blogspot.com

    glamflowers.blogspot.com

    XO, Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha great post! Just downloaded this, thanks for the recommendation! I also love your blog, I followed! I would love it if you could check out mine at www.foreverfuchsia.com and maybe we could follow each other? Thanks, and great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the follow! let me know how the app works for you. by the way, i love your blog!

      Delete